Saturday 8 February 2014

Turkey Burger and Fries - The best kind of Fast Food!

What better way to enjoy the weekend than having a Burger and Fries? I love this combo as much as the next person, but believe me, this superb version of this fastfood will blow your mind! Because lettuce and a slice of tomato is just too mainstream...

I present to the: The ultimate Turkey Burger and Fries.


For this recipe you'll need:
  • Minced Turkey
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Mushrooms
  • Pickles
  • Leek (Instead of Onions)
  • Eggplant/Aubergine (Instead of tomatoes)
  • Mozzarella (Low Fat)
  • BBQ Sauce
  • Buns
  • Herbs/Spices
  • Potaos
  • Oil


Before we start working on our Burger let's get the Fries into the oven first.
So: Wash some potatoes and cut them into chunky fry-sized pieces.


Put them in a bowl, add 1tbs of oil and some seasoning, mix well. I used Salt and Smoked Paprika. Put all of this into the oven at around 150° C for 30 Minutes. This will give you plenty of time to finish your burgers.


Now, using the same bowl you used to season the Fries in, take the minced Turkey and season the hell out of it. I used Rosemary, Thyme, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, Salt. Mix well.


Shape the meat into patties and cut up your vegetables. Heat up a grilling pan and grill the patties, mushrooms and eggplant slices.


While everything is frying away cut the Mozzarella.

Tipp: When opening a bag of mozzarella, collect the water in a little container. You can keep the rest of the cheese fresh in the liquid for a couple of days.
Since Germany is the country of bread and bread rolls I choose three different kinds of "buns" for this recipe: A Spelt Bun, Ciabatta and a Soft Pretzel Bun. I'm just not a fan of those soft burger buns.


So after a couple of minutes turn the food in the grilling pan. Doesn't this look amazing?


Take the vegetables out of the pan and add the tops of your buns. Just to toast them a bit. So good!


Turn the buns and put the mozzarella on them. Let the heat melt the cheese a bit.


With the fries almost done and the Turkey cooked to perfection it's time to assemble the burger.









I'm getting hungry just looking at the pictures again!  So good.

 Your amazing fries should be done by now as well. Crunchy on the outside, soft in the middle.


And there you have it. The best self made Turkey Burger and Fries you'll have in a long time!


If you're using Weight Watchers: with this bun and a portion of fries, this meal had a total of meager 11 ProPoints. Seriously. That's what one McChicken has alone ;)

I hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I did. Damn that was good!

Enjoy and be sexy,
Anna

3 comments:

  1. This looks sooooooo delicious! this is a given for me. Tell me again why we can't be neighbors? Oh, that's right, I'm so stalker-like it would scare you. ;) Welcome to my blog and leave your comment. I am very happily. http://www.asiacookingrecipe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh believe me, if I had you living next to me I'd grill this up again ;) I just checked out your blog - this looks so good!!! I'll keep on roaming through it now :D

      Delete
    2. I'm too
      I like your blog and your recipes
      Thank

      Delete